Borrowing and extending literature
As a VU student, you are entitled to use the UB collections free of charge.
- After activation your university registration card is also your library card.
- Borrowing, renewal.
- Request literature from other libraries other libraries.
Use the library anywhere, at any time, with Library Access
Install the Library Access browser extension.
View past VU Master’s and Bachelor's theses
- VU Amsterdam's online thesis database.
Upload your thesis
- Upload your approved Bachelor's or Master's thesis.
Take a free workshop or consult the online Libguides
- View the workshops on offer.
- Read the Libguide LibSearch to find out how to use LibSearch to search the VU Library collections and those of other libraries worldwide.
- Consult the online LibGuides on finding literature in your field and obtaining data.
Drop by the Data Help Desk
Data Help Desk's walk-in office hours (January through July).
Use early printed/handwritten works or heritage collections
- Our curators can assist you in coming up with a thesis topic. The material can be requested via LibSearch and then viewed in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- Browse the Image Database for inspiration. Take a look at our Special Collections webpages to find out more.
Come see our exhibitions
- In the VU Library Heritage Display Case: near the first-floor entrance to the library in the Main Building.
- Check out the online exhibitions.
Printing 3D objects
Would you like to 3D print an object in connection with your research project or thesis? If so, please contact Sylvia Moes, e-mail: email@example.com
Video conference & multimedia workstations
Need to hold a remote conference? Use the VU Library video conference room on the 1st floor (1A-01) of the VU Main Building. Your conversation partners will be displayed life-size on large screens.
- Ask your question via firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Visit the Library Desks: Main Building, VU Library, 1st floor & the Medical Library, VU University Medical Center, 0B-100.