Borrowing and extending literature
As a VU student, you are entitled to use the UB collections free of charge.
- After activation your university registration card is also your library card.
- Borrowing, renewal.
- You can request literature from other libraries using the IBL request form.
Use the library anywhere, at any time, with Library Access
Install the Library Access browser extension.
View past VU Master’s and Bachelor's theses
- VU Amsterdam's online thesis database.
Upload your thesis
- Upload your approved Bachelor's or Master's thesis
Take a free workshop or consult the online Libguides
- View the workshops on offer
- Read the Libguide LibSearch to find out how to use LibSearch to search the VU Library collections and those of other libraries worldwide.
- Consult the online LibGuides on finding literature in your field and obtaining data.
Drop by the Data Help Desk
Data Help Desk's walk-in office hours (January through July).
Use early printed/handwritten works or heritage collections
- Our curators can assist you in coming up with a thesis topic. The material can be requested via LibSearch and then viewed in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- Browse the Image Database for inspiration. Take a look at our Special Collections webpages to find out more.
Come see our exhibitions
- In the VU Library Heritage Display Case: near the first-floor entrance to the library in the Main Building.
- Check out the online exhibitions.
Printing 3D objects
Would you like to 3D print an object in connection with your research project or thesis? If so, please contact Sylvia Moes, e-mail: email@example.com
Video conference & multimedia workstations
Need to hold a remote conference? Use the VU Library video conference room on the 1st floor (1A-01) of the VU Main Building. Your conversation partners will be displayed life-size on large screens.
- Ask your question via firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Visit the Library Desks: Main Building, VU Library, 1st floor & the Medical Library, VU University Medical Center, 0B-100.